“The Cookie” History
- How many cookies are given out?
- Approximately 65,000 each day, or more than 25,000,000 a year and 250 million+ warm welcomes overall.
- When did this all begin?
- In the 1980s, when many of our hotels across the country used cookies as VIP treats.
- When was the secret recipe created?
- In 1986, the secret recipe was developed so every hotel could offer the same sweet treat.
- How is the recipe protected?
- A select group of bakeries around the world hold the secret recipe to ensure every guest gets the same, delicious cookie at every DoubleTree by Hilton hotel and resort.
- Where are the cookies baked?
- Every cookie is baked fresh daily at each hotel.
- How many chips are in each cookie?
- Each cookie weighs more than 2 ounces and has an average of
20 chocolate chips.
- How many chips per year is that?
- More than 1,000,000 pounds of chocolate chips every year.
- Do you do any chocolate chip cookie community service?
- More than 1,250,000 chocolate chip cookies have been donated to members of the community from doctors and nurses to police and firefighters, as well as non-profit groups such as food banks and homeless shelters.